Wednesday, December 10, 2014

PTSA

This PTSA is about how we as humans should treat our oceans better. This message is for everyone, young and old, big and small. Over the course of our human existence our population has grown rapidly due to advancements in medicine and resource harvesting. We began our journey certain of only one thing, and that was that we wanted to survive. Hundreds of years of resource depletion and environmental service degradation later, we are faced with a huge problem. Our oceans, the number one thing keeping us alive, is dying. Our oceans are important on so many levels. The ocean absorbs a high percentage of our CO2 emissions. This slows down global warming and makes our habitat on earth sustainable. If we didn't have oceans, we would end up with an inhospitable planet like mars. harsh winters and scorching summers because there was no ocean to regulate it. Another reason we need our oceans is because they have the highest reserves of biodiversity on the planet. Biodiversity is important because it protects disease and even the smallest species can have a huge role in keeping entire populations balanced. Our oceans are without a doubt one of the most important resources our planet has the pleasure of utilizing. It provides us with food, natural services and of course our beautiful hospitable climate.
To make this PTSA, I used a variety of tools. It all started with pictures, and lots of them. I looked all over the internet for the perfect images to portray the vision I had in mind. My art was composed of several different layers, which I blended overlapped and spliced to make a surreal, choppy, sort of beautiful work of art. After this,  I realized the image itself wasn't enough. I needed to drive it home with a phrase to motivate the masses. I searched for a tutorial and was not impressed by anything particularly so I used the basic structure of one to create my own. In this tutorial I learned that I could use illustrator to change the way my letters looked drastically. I turned them into shapes so that way I could make them overlap and wave as if they were the sea. I changed the textures and colors to a sea foam like gradient. although I hardly used the tutorial, it opened my eyes to a new tool that I could use to unmask my own creativity,
"Take Care of Our Oceans", designed by Mikayla K.  ©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment