Friday, December 12, 2014

My Future Vision

My Future Happiness, Dreams and Desires. Designed by Mikayla K, ©2014

This image is a photoshop collage of the dreams I have for my future. I am very interested in side-show and circus so a lot of my dreams are examples of that. I am planning to pursue a career in being the owner of a museum and Freak-Show in which I will be a shock artist (Swallowing swords and things). I know this sounds ridiculous but I have a plan. I plan to attend the University of La Verne for a degree in Business administration ( http://laverne.edu ). With my degree, I will work under a large company and earn a lot of money and with this money I plan to open up my own oddities museum/ Freak-Show. I have been learning to sword swallow and can truly say that I think it is a magnificent, astonishing and beautiful art form( http://www.swordswallow.org/index.php ). Sword swallowing isn't all I plan to do however. Being the manager and owner of a museum and Freak-Show can be hard work and take tons of money, but I am confident that with my intelligence, drive and hard-working attitude I can bring back the tradition of circus and side-show to the American people.
When I am stable in my career I plan to get married and have children as is shown by the photo in the upper right-hand corner. I want to raise a family that is accepting of others and have open minds to all forms of expression. In the bottom right corner is what I hope my home will look like. It is pink and black which are two of my favorite colors. I like a very gothic/doll-house style home and this one stole my heart when I saw it. The picture in the background is hard to see, however, is is an oil painting of a woman with a ship on her head, her expression is smug and pompous. She is a perfect example of how I was to feel, like the captain of my ship. The ring-leader  of life. I love this image because I, like her, feel a need to be in charge of myself and my destiny and I plan to attain that security.
I plan to take up new trades all throughout my life. I love all sorts of oddities and side-show attractions. I plan to be a taxidermist ( http://www.taxidermy.net), a writer, an artist, a sword swallower, and business woman, and tons of other things! I have not given up my childhood dreams of pursuing every possible career I would love. I included the quote by famous business man and circus owner P.T Barnum "Fortune always favors the brave, and never helps a man who does not help himself" and personally I live by it. I believe this quote was said by someone who understands my purpose in life to bring back a dead past-time and make a living doing it. Fortune favors the brave, the people who are willing to fail in order to do what they love. (Fortune) never helps a man who does not help himself, this tells me if I don't try I won't succeed. It is important that I take this chance. Of course back-up plans are available with a degree in business administration, but they are exactly that, back-up plans.


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Mr. Shah. This project was done in my High School Graphic's class... If you do not understand I will clarify. I AM IN HIGH SCHOOL. I would appreciate if you and your family would stop harassing me. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete